Sunday, June 17, 2012

Shop Til Ya Drop...or Not

We're officially halfway through June, so I suppose it's high time I fess up about both May and June's goals. May's goal was to take Deuce for a walk every day. We started the month strong and walked a mile around the neighborhood every day for the first week and a half. Then I went to Tipton one weekend and it rained every day. I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I'd melt in the rain, so I wasn't about to chance a walk on those days.

Then I suffered through the worst/most hectic few weeks of my professional life and certainly couldn't be bothered with little things like exercising and meeting a goal I had set for myself and just knew I'd accomplish with no problem. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), Deuce hasn't gotten a walk since May 10. Once things settle down in my professional life, I'm hoping to give the whole walking thing another go.

So now on to June. My goal for this month is to forgo retail therapy. I'm trying to save money this year, so I knew my shopping habit was going to suffer. When I set this goal back in January, I had no idea how difficult this month was going to be for me. When I'm suffocated with job stress, shopping is my go-to comfort. But I'm not supposed to do that this month. Except that I already did. Just once, though.

Friday, my friend Sabrina sent me a picture of a shirt and said "YOU NEED THIS SHIRT!" Indeed I did. So I bought it. Dying to know what shirt I just had to have, at the expense of June's goal?

I mean, how could I pass this up? If nothing else, maybe me wearing this will send a subconscious message to Serge and he'll soon propose.

A girl can dream, right?

No more shopping this month, though...at least not for me. Both of my brothers' birthdays are this month---Chance's is today, and Kendall's is Tuesday---so big sis has some other shopping obligations.

I guess I'll have to fill the shopping void with reality TV and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment