Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Life after "Friends"

Didn't know there was such a thing, did ya?

Even so, three months after I met Monica, Chandler, Ross, Rachel, Joey, and Phoebe for the first time, I ended my TV journey with them. It was a sad day. In fact, I put off watching the last two episodes for about two weeks.

But I was more than pleased with the emotional ending to the "Friends" saga.

Now that it's been a couple days since I watched the finale, I've had time to reflect and have come up with some "Friends" observations and general info about my "Friends"-watching experience, late though it was:

1. Every episode, I played this game where I tried to guess when the theme song would start playing. I only lost twice.

2. Every single time I say "I know" (which I've realized happens A LOT), I'm convinced I sound like Monica. Seriously, I can't turn it off. Back me up on this, Kel.

3. I knew that red sweater was Ross's the second Joey brought it out. I mean, it just looked like something that would come out of a paleontologist's closet.

4. I've come to expect grand romantic gestures in airports. So if I ever decide to fly anywhere (yeah, you understood that correctly---I've never been on an airplane), I'll be disappointed if I don't witness a Ross-and-Rachel moment. (P.S. I'll also be sure to inquire about the state of the phalanges.)

5. Incidentally, Regina Phalange will be my go-to made-up name from now on.

6. I think Joey's onto something with the whole "Thanksgiving pants" thing.

7. If I'm ever stuck in leather pants, I will not attempt to extricate myself from them by using lotion and baby powder.

8. Next time I'm moving a couch upstairs, you better believe I will PIVOT!

9. That Janice is a sneaky little somethin'. She popped up everywhere!

10. "JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!" Duly noted.

Even though it took me almost a decade after the finale to watch this show, I totally get all the hype now. I honestly didn't expect it to be the kind of sitcom I'd get hooked on, but let's face it: I'm addicted.

Feel free to buy me "Friends" paraphernalia for every holiday from now until I say stop

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I don’t think I’ve heard a single “I know” from you this week. Seems like you might be trying to cut down. Stop squelching your inner Monica, Ash. Let her be happy and free.

    ReplyDelete