Sunday, October 2, 2011

365 Days Later...

Yesterday, October 1, was mine and Randel's one-year anniversary. Go us!
He spent the week before figuring out where to have a fancy, romantic dinner, while I agonized over what to get him. The iTunes gift card I got him paled in comparison to the wonderful dinner he treated me to.

We started the night at Cheevers Cafe, by far the fanciest restaurant I've ever dined at. Oh, and did I mention we had reservations? So we weren't Randel and Ashley; we were "Rose, party of two."
The dining area was cozy and dimly lit, paintings by local artists adorned the walls, and the food was delicious. After hearing the specials--something about veal in a bacon butter sauce and halibut prepared too fancily for me to remember--I was a bit intimidated to order.

Lobster mac and cheese caught my eye, though. From years of watching Iron Chef and Next Food Network Star, I've seen my share of chefs prepare lobster mac and cheese. And the judges always "ooh" and "ahh" over it. Now, I'm not sure why I have always wanted to try it, seeing as how I'm not a fan of seafood. Maybe because of the pasta and cheese it's combined with. You just can't go wrong with pasta and cheese. In any case, when Randel said he was getting the molasses roast chicken breast, the other choice I was toying with, I decided I was going to go for it. I was getting the lobster mac and cheese.

Let me tell you, it was an excellent decision. Bowtie pasta smothered in a sinfully creamy cheese sauce, with chunks of grilled lobster, and finished with a crunchy breadcrumb topping. Bon appetit, indeed!
I, of course, tried Randel's food too,
 and it was equally delicious. I didn't care so much for the green beans--they were fresh, of course; I'm a canned girl, as wrong as that is--and the green tomato grits were...um...different. But that chicken! Simply delicious.

As wonderful as the food was, we couldn't eat it all, so we have leftovers!

After leaving Cheevers, we drove downtown and parked at the trusty Bass Pro Shop. Then we just walked around Bricktown for a while, holding hands and talking. Quite romantic, I thought.
We ended up at Drinkz, for, you guessed it, drinks. I'm not so big on the bar scene--smoky bars filled with loud, incredibly inebriated people--so Randel knew I'd be okay at Drinkz. We'll definitely go back. It was such a relaxing, chill atmosphere. There were maybe ten people there, they played fun music, and we seated ourselves in a cozy booth and just talked...and enjoyed our drinks--I mean drinkz--of course.

It was a perfect ending to a perfect anniversary with a nearly perfect guy. (I think it's considered blasphemy to call someone perfect, but he's pretty darn close.)

All dressed up...with somewhere to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment