Friday, September 30, 2011

Fabulous Friday # 8: The Smell of Uncooked Rice

Yeah, I know how weird this sounds. But I'll be the first to admit that I'm a little strange, or as I prefer to think of myself, unique.
I couldn't tell you how I came to the realization that I love the smell of uncooked rice. I can only speculate that it involves a seven-year-old me sneaking up in the middle of the night, tiptoeing to the kitchen, and sharply inhaling the wonderful aroma trapped inside the rice container.
I also can't put into words what I love about the smell of uncooked rice. I will say, though, that it's completely different from the smell of cooked rice, which isn't nearly as wonderful to me, ironically enough.
But now that I've piqued your curiosity, go see for yourself. You might want to make sure no one is looking (because it is a bit difficult to explain), but go smell the rice you have in your cupboard, pantry, or, if you're like me, on your countertop (easy access you know).
And I'll kindly thank you not to judge or make fun of me if you happen to disagree with my nose's superior sense of smell.

Ahh...what a wonderful aroma!

No comments:

Post a Comment