Friday, August 3, 2012

Are You There, Readers? It's Me, Irregular Blogger

Well, hello there. Long time no blog, huh? I told myself I was going to be a better blogger now that I write for a living. But maybe that's why I've been slacking. No one's paying me for being so interesting, witty, and awesome on my personal blog. What's that you say? It's because I'm not actually interesting, witty, and awesome? I guess I'll just continue on for the fun of it, then.

Since I last blogged, I've gotten a root canal, picked up another Zumba class (bringing the grand total up to four classes a week), put in three weeks at my new job, and been too exhausted to do anything but come home and crash after work, which includes both HobLob and the gym most days. Thus, I'm not where I'd like to be on my read-52-books-this-year goal. But I'm still three books ahead, so I won't panic just yet. (Also, my Reading Challenge meter thingy on your left is incorrect for some reason. I've actually read 33 books, not 28. But moving on...) I have realized, though, that a big part of the reason I was breezing through my reading goal is because I got off work at 3:00 and worked from home two days a week. This working til 5:00 every day stuff is for the birds. But for a better, less-stressful job, I'll adjust.

Okay, changing gears here. I've basically been rambling so I can delay admitting that I failed my July goal. But I really don't have much else to talk about, so there you have it. Womp womp... If you'll recall, my goal was to run at least three times a week. I rocked it the first two weeks of the month.

Then I started my new job and couldn't just go to the gym anytime of day on my telecommute days or in between getting off work at 3:00 and teaching Zumba anywhere from 5:30-6:00. With my new work schedule, I go straight from work to the gym for Zumba class most days and can barely walk to my car afterward, much less run a mile. I entertained thoughts of running before Zumba on Saturdays and at some point on Sundays. I quickly dismissed them when the weekends rolled around.

So long story not so short, I guess I halfway met my goal. I don't know why I didn't set realistic goals for myself, like "drink three Pepsis a day" and "play a ridiculous amount of Triple Stack (addicting card game) on my phone."

Nonetheless, this month's goal is to keep a food journal. I almost forgot Wedneday was the first and was halfway through the day before I remembered to write down the Big Gulp and blueberry muffins that were my breakfast. But I quickly recovered and am current on my food journal. There really is something to that whole thing about how seeing your daily food intake on paper opens your eyes. Consuming my recommended daily amount of calories before lunchtime is not okay. Since the running thing didn't work out, maybe this will help me get rid of those stubborn five pounds that just won't go away.

Either way, I'm going to meet this month's goal. I've failed my last two, and I really don't like the way that feels. So wish me luck...and hope that I don't fill up an entire notebook while tracking everything I eat for the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment