Tuesday, February 12, 2013

January Update

Yeah, I know we're almost two weeks into February. Just go with it.

This year is already shaping up to be just as busy as—if not busier than—last year was. Even so, I did all right with my 2013 goals last month.

Here's a recap:

(If you need a refresher on what my goals for this year are, go to this post.)

Nonfiction Book: Last month I read Is Everyone Hanging Out without Me? by Mindy Kaling, writer for The Office and her new show, The Mindy Project.


Now I wish I had been watching it. But Lord knows I don’t have the time to commit to yet another TV show, what with Downton Abbey, Bones, and The Walking Dead waiting patiently in the wings. But when I finally clear my shows-waiting-for-my-attention queue, I’ll probably check out The Mindy Project.

But back to the book: I found it snort-with-laughter funny. It’s very much in the same vein as Ellen’s Seriously…I’m Kidding and Tina Fey’s Bossypants. So if you didn’t enjoy either of those, this one probably won’t be your cup of tea either. But her essays on chest hair and glimpses into her self-proclaimed chubby childhood gave me some giggles.

Pinterest Project: Cinnamon roll waffles FTW, y’all! I had been wanting to make this delectable-looking breakfast for quite some time, and a weekend my mom was in town was the perfect opportunity. This is a nothing-to-it breakfast that tastes as good as it looks. And it’s as simple as 1, 2, 3:

1)   Open can of Pillsbury (or your preferred brand) cinnamon rolls.

2)   Place rolls on waffle iron and cook 4-5 minutes.

3)   Drizzle with included-in-the-can icing.

That’s it!


Showstoppers, right?

Running: I only got up to running one mile at a time last month, but I ran it several times and felt like I could keep going on a couple occasions. Whether or not I could have remains to be seen since I have yet to run at all this month (what is with February and its darn busyness), but I’ll get back on track this week. Get it? Back on track…the thing I run on? Okay, moving on.

Blog Posts: I regret to inform you that I only posted six times last month, so I’m not quite on track to post 100 times this year (I need about eight posts a month to meet my goal), but the year is still young. Never mind the fact that this is my first post of February.

Movies: Sadly, I’m not doing so great on my 52 films goal either. I watched a whopping two movies on my list last month—Sixteen Candles and 50/50. I don’t have much to say about Sixteen Candles other than: Her sister actually married that guy? I mean, seriously. He was definitely not marriage material. But it was an enjoyable movie, and I didn’t spend the entire hour and a half clock-watching, just waiting for it to be over. So that’s a good sign.

As for 50/50, I really liked it. It does star Joseph Gordon-Levitt, after all. It was funny, it was sad, and it was a good reminder of how crucial love and true friendship are to the healing process.

So there's my January in a nutshell. Check back in a couple weeks (or a month, if March is anything like this month has been) to see how February went.

No comments:

Post a Comment