Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fans, Feet, and Fruit

I'm sure you've all been on the edge of your seats wondering how my February goal---make my bed every day---turned out. I think you'll be pleased to know that it worked out well and I made my bed every single day in February. No applause necessary.

For a person who gets out of bed at the last possible minute and who generally puts off mundane tasks (i.e. making the bed) until they can no longer be avoided, this was quite the accomplishment. Even better than creating the illusion that my room was neat and tidy every day, February's goal has gotten me in the habit of making my bed every day.

With that goal completed, I faced March with great expectations and the knowledge that monthly goals, no matter how insignificant they may seem, give me a wonderful sense of accomplishment that I'd like to enjoy every day.

In the essence of fostering creativity and thinking outside the box, March's goal is to take a photo a day. To make sure I was still being challenged and learning discipline through this seemingly simple, carefree exercise, I found a list of 31 things to photograph and am sticking to it. Otherwise I'd have 31 pictures of Deuce.

Here are some of the pictures I've taken so far:
Up

Someone you talked to today
Feet

Window
 Notice the soon-to-be breathtaking fruitless pear tree in my backyard.

Bedside
Red
Interestingly enough, this photo can be used to apply to either of the two pronunciations of the day's word: red and read. This is something red that I read.


Loud

Fruit
And this is how I do fruit.

The coming days will provide photos of before/after, funny, the kitchen sink, and trash, among many others. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment