Friday, January 4, 2013

The One Where I Explain My Name Change

I realized today that I was remiss in giving a reason for my name change. Who changes their name without telling why? Sean Combs/Puff Daddy/Puffy/P.Diddy/Diddy, that’s who. But not this girl.

So allow me to explain.

I did mention in my name change post that I never liked my original blog name. But that’s only part of the reason for the new moniker.

The main reason is because with a name like Always Many Laughs, there’s a certain pressure (admittedly, self-imposed pressure) to at least try to be funny in every post.

While my life usually is full of laughter, what with awkward bathroom buddies, cooking mishaps, and all manner of other comedic happenings, sometimes life isn’t that grand.

I have the same financial fears, insecurity issues, and work worries that everyone else has.

And when those stressful times hit, writing about them helps get over the hurt/worry/fear and start working toward making it better.

Now, this isn’t to say that every post from now on is going to make you want to turn on your sad music playlist and have a good cry, but every now and then you’ll likely see a more serious side of Ashley.

So in a nutshell: My life doesn’t actually always have many laughs. Blog name was too limiting. Changed name to something less mood specific. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment