Friday, September 2, 2011

Fabulous Friday #5: Getting Stuff Done During Commercials

I spend a lot of time in front of the TV, which doesn't leave me a lot of time for things like chores, sleeping, and showering, for example. (Please note: the showering thing is a joke; I always make time to bathe.) I am a time-management master and have figured out how to maximize my time by using commercials to get little chores done, seeing as how there are now about thirteen commercials during one break.
During one commercial break of "King of Queens" I can fold a load of laundry. During a commercial break of a football game I can load the dishwasher. I also use commercial breaks to get in some reading.
I haven't yet tried squeezing in a quick shower during a commercial break, though.
I have come to the conclusion that this is why I don't really like to watch movies---because I can't multitask during them...well, not unless I want to miss crucial scenes or plot points.
And now, during this commercial break of "Frasier," I am going to water my plants and will still be back in time to see Frasier and Niles enjoy a glass of sherry while they discuss their upcoming squash game/opera/how annoying they think Eddie is.

2 comments:

  1. ME TOO! I was just watching King of Queens tonight and doing tasks during commercials whilst awaiting for Author Spooner's next date with Doug's mom or the next envelope of pictures stolen from the Hoffermen's exciting and exotic life. (Both episodes I've seen MILLIONS of times before but I still refuse to move until the commercial breaks.) Welp, at least commercials keep me attached to real life. And the thing with movies is that they are SUCH a commitment. Honestly, do I want to spend the next two hours of my life devoted to something that may not satisfy my ADD mind? It's a hard thing to do. Sorry...I wrote my own blog on yours. You just hit something close to my heart...the tube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha! No worries; I love that you blogged on my blog, especially about KOQ (can we do that?). I'm glad someone else understands where I'm coming from. A movie really is a commitment, and this multitasker doesn't do well without a remote in her hand whilst (stole your word) in front of the boob tube.
    P.S. I've totally seen both episodes many, many times too, but they never get old.

    ReplyDelete