Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fantasy Football, flirting, and FUN!

Last week was incredibly busy for me, so I felt I should write about it. I also just sorta felt like writing. That feeling doesn't come along too often, so I figured I should run with it. So please allow me to break down my week for ya:
Monday: My only plans Monday involved Zumba and Monday Night Football. Most people probably don't consider MNF "plans," but I do. The Rams/Giants matchup was actually a relaxing one for me because I don't have any Fantasy Football players for either team and because I had won my matchup by Sunday. That's right; I'm 2-1, baby!

Tuesday: This was mine and Randel's weekly date night. I made enchilada casserole (only like the best dish ever), and we watched the finale of Teen Mom. Don't judge. You know how those MTV reality shows are. They suck you in and don't let you go.

Wednesday: Jennifer and I had a girly date at Outback Steakhouse. We had a hilarious waiter named Sam who took good care of us. He spent a lot of time at our table because he didn't want to go to the back where people were bossing him around. Also, we got hit on by a sixty-something year old man with a bad afro. He walked by our table, turned back, and told us, "You two pretty girls. Very pretty girls." A bit embarrassed, we thanked him, and then he said something about being drunk earlier in the day. Pretty sure he still wasn't sober. But oh well. A compliment's a compliment.

Thursday: Thursday is mine, Shawna, and Laura's weekly girls' night. We went to Target and just walked around, eating popcorn and drinking Coke from their little food court area. If you've never had Target's popcorn, you're missing out. It tastes like movie theater popcorn, which I can't resist. Plus, it's like 70 percent cheaper. Don't quote me on that. I don't do math. I just know it's $1.69 for a Coke and popcorn at Target, whereas at the movies, it's an outrageous eight bucks. And I'm not ashamed to say that popcorn and Coke was my dinner. It was filling and super cheap. Don't judge. After Target, we went across the street to Kohl's. I had a $10 gift card to use. After browsing several different sections--clothing, bed and bath, kitchen wares--I settled on yet another pair of comfy sweats. I justified my purchase since I basically live in sweatpants.

Friday: This was the day of the much-anticipated Zumbathon Shawna and I did with our Zumba friend Angela. The two-hour Zumbathon was held to raise money for the J.D. McCarty Center, for children with developmental disabilities. So we got to help out a good cause and shake our bon bons for two hours straight. And what better way to end the night than with a strawberry margarita at On the Border?

Saturday: Shawna and I didn't exactly have plans made, but we made a spontaneous trip to the outlet mall in the morning, went to Chicken Express for lunch afterward, then headed to Target once again. No popcorn this time, though. From there we went next door to Rue 21, where I bought a new winter coat--white with big black buttons. Love it. After our shopping expedition, I came home to get ready for my night in with Randel. We watched the OU game and called it a night. We're such an exciting couple.

Sunday: The Drop Dead Diva finale was Sunday night, so Shawna, Laura, and I prepared a feast for the occasion. We had apples and caramel sauce, cheese cubes, grapes, banana bread, Pepsi, and...wait for it...pumpkin pie! I pretty much live for pumpkin pie in the fall, so my first of the season was a big deal. And I have to give props to Laura, who made the pie. It was D-E-licious. Perfect meal (if you can actually call that a meal) for an EPIC season finale.

And that was my week. I spent a lot of time with people I love at places I love, namely Target and my couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment