Monday, September 26, 2011

Meet and Greet Monday: The Boyfriend

Seeing as how mine and Randel's one-year anniversary is this Saturday, I thought it only fitting to devote this month's meet-and-greet spot to him.
I know a lot of girls say they have the best boyfriend/fiance/husband out there, but I really do have a man who rivals most. Not only is he super sweet, patient (he pretty much has to be to put up with me), and funny, but he thinks I'm beautiful (and tells me so), more than just tolerates my crazy canine, and loves me unconditionally.
The year Randel and I have been together has honestly been one of the best of my life, as cliche as that sounds. We have a wonderful relationship, and I'm truly lucky to call myself Randel's girlfriend. We've had our ups and downs, like every couple, but we've certainly had more ups.
Just so you can clearly see what a wonderful guy I'm dating, here are twelve things I love most about Randel, one for every month we've been together:
1. No matter what I make for dinner, he always tells me it's delicious and thanks me.
2. When I was home sick one day, he brought me my favorite candy bar, an icee (which I love), and a rose.
3. He gets along great with my family and even plays board games with my mom and me. Once my mom found out he was willing to play Farkle, he was in.
4. He drove thirty minutes out of the way on a Friday at midnight (even though he had to work Saturday morning) just to find somewhere that I could get ice cream.
5. He's not the jealous type at all. Considering past relationships, this is a HUGE plus.
6. He didn't run away when I did my "drop it like it's hot" Sun Drop dance, even though he probably wanted to (and had every right to).
7. Without fail, he always asks me how my day was and seems genuinely interested when I tell him.
8. He watches Teen Mom with me. Enough said. (Although I'm pretty sure he secretly loves it.)
9. Like me, he can quote the entire script of the movie "Friday."
10. He lets me have time with my girls without complaint.
11. He loves me just as much when I'm "sweatpants, hair tied, chillin' with no makeup on" as when I'm dressed to the nines.
12. He's Randel, the sweetest, most caring guy I've ever met.

Yep, I've got a winner!


Happy anniversary to me and my guy!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT.
    So sweet. Disgustingly so (and that's a good thing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Why, thank you, my dear :-)

    ReplyDelete