Thursday, February 23, 2012

Big Bang Theory Thursday: The Pancake Batter Anomaly

Since my immune system decided to shut down yesterday---for the second time this year, I might add---I thought the first introduction of "Soft Kitty" was incredibly appropriate.
In the episode "The Pancake Batter Anomaly," Penny returns from a visit to her home state of Nebraska and mentions to Leonard and Sheldon that she was sick while she was away. This prompts Sheldon to back away quickly, demand she leave the apartment, and start furiously Lysoling as soon as she leaves. Leonard thinks he's being ridiculous (who wouldn't?), but Sheldon does end up getting sick the next day. And I thought I was a baby when I'm sick. Nope. I ain't got nothin' on Dr. Cooper.
"Leonard! Leonard, I'm sick!" Sheldon calls out in the middle of the night, after a cough wakes him up. Next thing you know, Leonard is stumbling out of the apartment in a state of undress, desperately trying to make his escape before he is forced into taking care of sick Sheldon.
Leonard calls Howard with a Code Milky Green (trust me, you do not want to know what that means), tells Howard to relay the message to Koothrappali, and they decide to meet up for a ten-hour Planet of the Apes marathon so as to be unavailable for milky-green Sheldon.
This leaves Penny to nurse Sheldon back to health. Penny firmly refuses to give Sheldon a sponge bath or an enema, but she reluctantly agrees to rub VapoRub on his chest and sing "Soft Kitty" to him, the song his mom used to sing when he was sick.


Although Sheldon is a bit more over the top than I get when I'm under the weather, I certainly sympathize.

No comments:

Post a Comment