Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Birthday in Review

Sunday I celebrated the first anniversary of my 25th birthday. So yeah...I'm 26.

Even in the pre-social media days I loved my birthday, but waking up to too many texts and Facebook messages to respond to makes a girl feel pretty special.

I took my time getting up and around, ate pizza for brunch, and did some light reading while watching the Cowboys game. Hmm...sounds like a pretty typical Sunday actually.

Then I took even more time showering and getting myself all dolled up for my hot date.

Randel got to my house around 2:30, bearing gifts and cards from him and his parents. From him I scored that massage I hardcore begged for ever so subtly hinted around about.

And his parents got me an adorable trinket box and ring holder set and a 7-11 gift card. Hello, gas and pumpkin spice lattes!


Then we went shopping and out to eat. It's important to note that in this case, shopping meant walking around the mall, trying on clothes, and deciding not to actually spend any money. But we hadn't gone out and just spent the day together in far too long, so it was a great day.

Then came P.F. Chang's, one of my favorite restaurants. I mean, lettuce wraps, entrees four people could share, and the Great Wall of Chocolate---what's not to love?

Randel and I got the P.F. Chang's for two, which came with egg drop soup for both of us, lettuce wraps, two entrees (crispy honey chicken for me, and sesame chicken for him), and two desserts. Being the sweetheart he is, Randel let me choose both desserts, so I got the Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch and Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake. You were thinking I got the Great Wall of Chocolate, huh?

I wanted to go with something new this time, and neither of those rich and sinfully sweet desserts disappointed.




Here are some more highlights of the day:

birthday message from Kendall
Do I have the best brothers or what?


birthday message from my dear Shawna

My friend Hillary was at the Thunder game and apparently talked to Serge, because he personally wished me a happy birthday. Pretty sure they won for me. Thanks, Hill!

All in all, 26 was a great birthday, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Matter of fact, I will next year...when I celebrate the second anniversary of my 25th birthday.
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Fun! That ring holder is awesome! I've never seen anything like that before. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? So cute! Randel's mom is so great at gift-giving!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete