Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Week in Review

This was a busy but fun week. Here's how it went down:

Monday: I debuted my new routine in Zumba class. It includes "Gangnam Style." Enough said.

Tuesday: I'm in a writing book club, and we were supposed to meet at Panera at 6:30. Assuming we were going to the Panera on I-40, I left my house at 6:15 and arrived right on time. Or so I thought. If I had bothered to read all of the e-mail with the book club details, I would have known we were actually meeting at the Panera on Penn. It would have taken me another 25 minutes to get there, so I punished myself for my fail by not allowing myself the bacon turkey bravo sandwich I wanted and instead went to Sonic for a half-price burger.

Wednesday: It was Halloween, so I had a big bowl of candy (Tootsie Rolls, Tootsie pops, Dots--you know, the good stuff) and I was ready for princesses, Iron Men (or Iron Mans?), cheerleaders, and Batmen (or Batmans?) to invade my home begging for treats. I had approximately eight trick-or-treaters, two of whom I knew. Oh well, more Tootsie Rolls for me.

Thursday: I had to go to the dentist. If I don't take an Aleve every 12 hours, I have a terrible toothache, on the side I had the root canal on back in July. My insurance finally took effect, so I made an appointment and was all ready to storm in and demand a root canal refund because it obviously didn't work and hurt worse than ever. It didn't exactly play out like that. I left two and a half hours later with two fillings.
Apparently the teeth on either side of the tooth with the root canal had cavities and were causing the problem. Oops...

Friday: I got to come up with some Christmas card options at work. So I got into the Christmas spirit by listening to Mariah Carey's "Merry Christmas" album. I didn't hate it.

Saturday: My friend Megan, whom I worked with at Tate, got married in Kansas. So several of us Taters (both ex and current) went to Towanda, Kansas, to witness her nuptials. Several things tried to keep our car from making it there, including a fire on the side of the highway, the slowest train to ever ride the rails, and a dust blizzard.
But we made it in plenty of time for the gorgeous wedding. The trees actually displayed the deep reds and golden yellows of fall, the sunset was breathtaking, and Megan was a beautiful bride.
I did the Cupid Shuffle, the Cha Cha Slide, the Gangnam Style, and plenty of other dances I can't recall (or name). In short, it was a blast.

Sunday: Praise the lord for "fall back!" Can I get an amen? I rolled out of bed around 11:00, read a bit of Life of Pi, watched some football, talked to my mom for an hour and a half, and then came to Randel's. Lazy Sundays FTW.

And now, I leave you with my favorite picture from the week:


Isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment