Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Week in Review

This was a big week for me.

Monday: I was reminded how colorful-language inducing it is to try to put feet that have been in socks and boots all day into yoga pants. They're a bit...er...damp. I change out of my work clothes and into my workout clothes at the gym. In a tiny bathroom stall. I'm just not comfortable changing in the locker room and showing my goods to anyone who may wander in. So most days I end up hopping around the cramped stall like a bunny rabbit on steroids, trying not to knock my clothes into the toilet while simultaneously trying to make sure my bare feet don't remain on the dirty bathroom floor for too many seconds at a time. It's a process I never accomplish with gracefulness, that's for sure.

Tuesday: For starters, I had lunch at Panera. Always a win. Then I bought this adorable owl ring at none other than Hobby Lobby. She's my new friend.


Then I went to a Pampered Chef party...where I actually won something! This is significant for a couple reasons: a) I never win anything and b) I never win anything. I came away with a Stoneware scraper (which will really come in handy if I ever inherit a large sum of money and can actually afford some Stoneware), a purple paring knife, a citrus peeler, and a tummy full of spinach carbonera pizza and molten lava cake. Holler.

 
And perhaps the biggest thing of all, I started watching "Friends." Since I'm apparently the only person in the history of ever who hasn't seen this apparently most awesome show ever, I decided it was time. I will finally understand the references everyone I'm ever around uses.

Wednesday: I didn't have much to do, so I took approximately 74 pictures of Deuce. He was doing the same thing in all 74 photos. Naturally.


Thursday: I noticed my tooth pain was not going away even after a root canal and two fillings. May have to go Southside on the dentist after all.

Friday: I finally cashed in the massage Randel bought me for our anniversary. The first question my masseuse asked me was, "Do you sit at a desk all day?"
"Oh, that obvious, huh?" I answered.
"Yeah, you're full of knots."
Next she said, "You're left handed, huh?"
"Um...no, I'm right handed," I said.
Apparently the knot in my left shoulder is much bigger than the one in my right shoulder. Not sure how to account for that. She said she couldn't get them completely out, but she did a great job. Now to see if I can possibly get a massage for my birthday (which is in one week, btw) so I can get these knots completely erased...

Saturday: Day 1 of painting! I've wanted to paint my dining room area dark red for a long time. I finally got around to doing it this weekend, because I wanted it done before Thanksgiving, which will be held at my house. I picked out the color--Deep Garnet--and Randel and I got to work at about 6:30. Well, Randel got started. Neither of us had eaten, so I was making dinner and didn't see how the project was coming along. When I finally did take a look, I wanted to cry. The first coat looked terrible. I spent the night worrying that my kitchen was going to stay the gaudy pinkish color it was. But then it was...

Sunday: ...Day 2 of painting! Randel was busy today, so Chance helped me finish up the job. We applied two more coats, touched up the edges, and now have beautiful burgundy walls! After the first coat, I worried that the dark color made the already small space look even smaller. But now I think it makes it feel like its own room now. I couldn't have done it without my boyfriend and my brother, who did most of the work, let's be honest, and who somehow put up with me constantly asking, "Do you really think it'll look okay?" They always said yes, and they were right.

I'll post the paint story soon, but here's a sneak peek at the finished dining area:


No comments:

Post a Comment