Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Week in Review

This week I:

1. had a wonderful first Valentine's Day with Randel, complete with beautiful roses that are still serving as the centerpiece on my kitchen table. They're kind of dying (okay, they're definitely dying), but I want to enjoy my first flowers as long as I possibly can.
2. thought about making a dentist appointment...then chickened out. I have got to get over my phobia of dentists before I have to get a root canal. I will not embarrass myself by telling you how long it's been since I saw the inside of a dentist's office, besides the times I went with my best friend in college. Her appointments were always in the morning, so we'd go together and then hit up IHOP afterward. Oh, those were the days...
3. got my taxes filed!
4. took my first trip to the Yukon craft mall. As I was sitting on my couch watching Sister, Sister Saturday afternoon (in my defense, there's absolutely nothing on TV on Saturdays), bemoaning the fact that I was sitting inside with nothing to do on this gorgeous afternoon, my friend Shawna called to see if I wanted to accompany her to the craft mall. Apparently I was so excited to get out of the house that I not only left my back door unlocked, but it wasn't even shut all the way.
5. got up at an ungodly hour on Saturday morning (okay, it was 8:00, but I think that counts as ungodly on a Saturday) to work out with Shawna, whom I must thank for threatening to de-friend me if I didn't make it. (Okay, she never actually threatened me, but it was implied in the tone of the e-mail she sent me telling me I better be shakin' my hips with her at zumba the next morning.) I ended up having a pretty productive Saturday, which would not have been the case had I been allowed to stay in bed until my usual 11:00 a.m.
6. was warned by my little brother to watch out for crazy Cajuns when I go to Louisiana (in less than two weeks!). I miss him. He cracks me up.
7. have had Foreigner songs stuck in my head, probably because of the commercials I've been seeing about their concert in Norman next weekend. I want to go. Real bad. I have my mama to thank for instilling in me a love for such great music.
8. made a key lime pie for the first time. It's no LD's key lime pie, but it was pretty tasty. For those of you who don't know, LD's is an adorable tea room in Mustang. They serve fantastic grilled cheese sandwiches (with bacon and avocado!), wonderful peach tea, and the best key lime pie I've ever had. It's served with a tangy key lime glaze that is to die for. Okay, now I'm hungry...
9. went 2-5 on my all-star game predictions. Fail.
10. spent this beautiful Sunday with my best friend, whom I hadn't seen in much too long, and even got some one-on-one time with Reed, her 9-month-old and my "nephew." He treated me to some priceless smiles and giggles and even the coveted cuddle time before his nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment