Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Week in Review

The fact that I haven't posted all week may lead you to believe I have been a ridiculously busy girl whose calendar is so full not even the date shows. Not so. And you'll see for yourself that the ten most noteworthy things I did, said, or saw this week aren't even that noteworthy. But because I decided to make "My Week in Review" a weekly blog post, here goes...
This week I:

1. was called "Toots" by an author via e-mail. I would have sent him an e-slap in return if I didn't think it would have gotten me fired.
2. made friendship bread. The stuff is quite tasty, but if I knew how much work went into it going in, I'm not sure I would have accepted the starter bag. For one thing, you're supposed to mix all the ingredients in a large, non-metal bowl. The only truly large bowl I own is metal, so I was screwed from the start. I decided my almost-considered-large ceramic bowl would do the trick. It did the trick, but just barely. For another thing, there are like a gazillion ingredients. By the time I had added the 2 cups of flour, cup of milk, cup of sugar, and various other ingredients, the mixture was precariously close to spilling out of the bowl. Gathering the gazillion ingredients, adding them to my too-small bowl, and stirring agonizingly slowly so as not to fling the mixture out of the bowl took me 2.5 episodes of King of Queens.
3. found out I have an amazing boyfriend. I already knew he was pretty great, but he outdid himself with this one. No, I didn't get flowers for no reason. No, he didn't surprise me with a gift certificate for a massage. (Hint hint, Randel...) But he did offer to keep Deuce while I am in New Orleans. If you know Deuce, you know what a big deal this is. He's a handful, to say the least. The very least. I was pretty stressed out trying to figure out what to do with him while I was away, so when Randel told me he would keep him those five days, I could finally get super-duper excited about my upcoming trip, rather than just super excited.
4. realized my vacation countdown is now in the single digits. Watch out, New Orleans! Here I come!
5. was dismayed to find out my favorite baseball player, Andruw Jones, is now a Yankee. I have quite the dilemma on my hands because I'm morally opposed to the Yankees.
Notice how his smile doesn't even reach his eyes.

See how much happier he is as a Brave? I'm just sayin'.

6. survived one helluva deadline week at work. (Pardon my French.)
7. changed Randel's life by introducing him to Jersey Mike's. I'm pretty sure he's forever in my debt now.
8. finally watched Catfish...with my boyfriend, whom I met on Facebook. I'm glad I didn't send him steamy text messages only to later find out I had been talking to some forty-something creepster who looked nothing like the painting of himself he sent me.
9. showed some impressive self-discipline and cooked every night, except Saturday when Randel and I went to Jersey Mike's. But I never count weekends when I'm planning my menu anyway.
10. got to demonstrate my knowledge of English and philosophy when helping my brother with an English Comp. 2 paper about Plato's "The Allegory of the Cave." I'll feel terrible if he gets a D.

While it was a pretty hectic, stressful week, zumba and the fact that my Mardi Gras vacation is only days away kept me going. Just one more week of work before I'm collecting beads in New Orleans.

1 comment:

  1. I am starting to get super excited too! WOOHOO! I can't believe it's THIS week! SERIOUSLY!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete