Friday, August 5, 2011

Fabulous Friday #1: Going to Bed without Setting the Alarm

Many bloggers have weekly segments, such as Wordless Wednesday and Flashback Friday. I have only Meet and Greet Monday, which is actually a monthly spot, so I figured it was high time I challenged myself to a weekly post. And so, Fabulous Friday was born.
The inspiration for this idea actually struck me when I happened upon The Book of Awesome at Target one afternoon. This book is a compilation of blog posts by Neil Pasricha about awesome things, such as finding money in your pocket. Immediately, I began thinking of things that would go on my list of awesome. I came up with several and decided to share them with the world...or my handful of followers at least. I did realize, though, that I couldn't call it my list of awesome, so I racked my brain for synonyms of awesome that started with the same letter as a day of the week (always looking for alliteration) and came up with Fabulous Friday.
So without further ado, I give you Fabulous Friday #1: going to bed without setting the alarm clock.
The reason that this is indeed fabulous goes without saying, but I'll elaborate a bit for the sake of making this a legitimate post.
Pretty much the only night I can go to bed without setting an alarm is Friday. Because I get one day out of every seven to enjoy this fabulous luxury, it is all the more special when it finally rolls back around. And I don't feel even a tiny bit guilty when I sleep until 11:33 Saturday morning. After a full week of getting up at the ungodly hour of 6:00 a.m., I deserve those extra five and a half hours. And I enjoy every extra minute to the fullest.
The only time going to bed without setting the alarm is un-fabulous is when you actually should have set the alarm, say on Saturday night, which may or may not have happened to me last weekend, causing me to miss church. Oops. It won't happen again, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment