Friday, August 19, 2011

Fabulous Friday #3: Grocery Shopping with Friends

I've mentioned before that I love grocery shopping (and any other form of spending money), but even more than that, I love grocery shopping with friends. Taking a little trip to Walmart or Target with friends brings back memories of college, when my best friend, Jennifer, and I would venture out late at night to pick up the ingredients to make cookies or to grab toilet paper or just to browse because we were bored. On one such trip, our friendly cashier gave us his recipe for blackberry wine cake that is now one of our favorites. (I honestly don't remember what we were buying that caused him to ask us if we liked blackberries or made him think of this cake, but I'm just glad he did.) Then there were the times we'd end up in the bra section and be ridiculously immature with the really large brassieres. Talk about cheap entertainment. Walmart runs with Jennifer make up some of my favorite college memories.
My girls' nights with Shawna and Laura include Walmart or Target runs more often than not. Last night was no exception, so the first thing we did was hit up Walmart. We walked around, Shawna and I randomly busting out into zumba dances and Laura doing her cart dance. We used our funny accents, which sent us into random fits of laughter. We ran into my brother Chance, who is now a Walmart employee. He treated us to more laughs. Love that guy. We browsed the school-supplies section and wished, just for a few seconds, that we were going back to school.
No matter where we go or what we're doing after, when friends and I get together to get a few groceries, we have a fabulous time and there are always many laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment