Thursday, August 18, 2011

Staycationing It Up

"Staycation, all I ever wanted. Staycation, had to get away." Uh...get away from the real world, at least.

Last week and part of this week I was on a staycation. My mom was supposed to come visit me for a week, so I took off work. Unfortunately, our plans didn't pan out and Mom didn't get to come. But since I had already taken the time off work, I decided to still live it up.
As you can see from this post, I really didn't have the funds to travel, hire someone to wait on me hand and foot, or even go to the zoo. (Okay, it really wasn't that bad; I could have gone to the zoo if I wanted to. I'm just using exaggeration for effect.)
So my form of living it up, then, meant I lounged around in my pajamas all day, watching Will & Grace and lulling Deuce into the false belief that Mommy would be home with him all day from now on. Spending time with my canine companion and the hilarious Will and Grace (and, of course, Jack and Karen, because let's face it, the show wouldn't be Will & Grace without them) was the perfect getaway from reality--staring at a computer screen all day, attending meetings, and answering endless e-mails.
I stayed up until 1:00 a.m. and slept until 11:00 a.m. more than once. The only downside to this was that my body didn't want to go to sleep at 10:30 on Tuesday night, the night before I had to return to the real world.
I didn't get as much reading done as I wanted to (I'm currently reading Dragonfly in Amber, Profiles in Murder, and re-reading Catching Fire), but I didn't feel so bad about that since I pretty much read all day every day anyway.
While it was nice to get to sleep in, be lazy, and basically forget I was an adult for a few days, it was also nice to get back to work. I like the structure of daily routines and to-do lists just waiting for their tasks to be checked off. And I had quite the to-do list waiting for me when I got back to work Wednesday. But I wiped out my to-do list yesterday and today and have a three-day weekend coming up because I'm working from home tomorrow.
Let the staycation continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment