Thursday, October 11, 2012

10.11.12

You know today is 10/11/12, right? I hate math, but I love numerical patterns and things of that nature.

So in celebration of this momentous date, I give you: 10 of my favorite things, 11 of my favorite posts, and 12 of my favorite pictures.

10 of My Favorite Things:
1. peanut butter
2. fuzzy robes
3. being right
4. zumba
5. spending time with my amazing family and friends
6. massages
7. awesomely bad TV e.g. "The Bachelor"
8. laughing until I cry
9. bright-colored nail polish
10. getting to wear jeans to work every day

11 of My Favorite Posts

1. Those (Sometimes) Simpler Times
2. Are You My Doppelganger?
3. 365 Days Later
4. Anniversary: Take 2
5. It's So Hard to Say Good-bye
6. Fabulous Friday # 8: The Smell of Uncooked Rice
7. Doggy Don't
8. Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
9. Kids Really Do Say the Darndest Things
10. A Tale of Six Cavities
11. A Day in the Life of a Hobby Lobby Copywriter

12 of My Favorite Pictures:
1. Randel and I made this sad-looking gingerbread house just a couple months after we started dating. I love this picture because it reminds me of the fun memories we made.

2. You all know by now that Deuce is my furry child, and this picture makes me smile every time I see it. He loves riding in the car, and you can tell by his "smile."

3. Besides the laughter, amazing food, shopping, and time spent with two of my favorite girls (Shawna and Laura), the gorgeous Spanish moss trees were one of my favorite things about my Mardi Gras trip.

4. This picture is of a rose Randel brought me one day when I was home sick, along with an icee and  a Baby Ruth (my favorite candy bar at the time). What a guy!

5. The only time of the year my family is together is at Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. We have so much fun playing games, laughing with (and sometimes at) each other, and of course, eating. I have the best family ever!

6. This is my best friend's adorable two-year-old, Reed. He makes me such a happy aintie. I just had to capture his mischevous look.

7. This picture makes me laugh because of how many people thought it was underwear when I posted it on Facebook. I just thought it was pretty. In case there's any confusion this time around, this is a picture of the bottom of the shirts hanging in my closet. I was on the floor doing crunches (my closet is the only carpeted area in my house) and noticed how pretty they were, all color coordinated and wavy like.

8. The day I met Serge Ibaka was one of the happiest days of my life. I was like a starstruck teenager. I mean, the man is gorgeous and famous and a great basketball player and speaks several languages...and I got a picture with him. Swoon.

9. I rarely think to take pictures of nature (probably because I'm not very good at it), but I took this picture of sunflowers when my friend Laura and I picnicked at Lake Hefner one evening.

10. Speaking of Laura, this picture cracks me up. Inevitably, I have my eyes closed at least once when I'm trying to take a picture with someone. My facial expression combined with the closed eyes makes this a sure favorite.

11. It always takes Randel and I about 17 tries to take a decent picture of ourselves. For this reason, we have very few pictures of the two of us, and even fewer ones I like. But I think this one is pretty good. It was taken at Thunder Alley...the night the shooting happened. So there's that.

12. My bestie, Jennifer, and I treated ourselves to dinner at our favorite restaurant (A&E) many many times in college. This is a picture from one such evening. In other news, I miss my long hair...


Happy 10.11.12, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment