Friday, October 5, 2012

Fabulous Friday: Obligation-less Weekends

Perhaps I'm just getting old (some may say boring), but I've come to relish the weekends when I can do nothing but read, eat, watch football and terrible TV, and sleep until I'm in danger of getting bed sores.

Now, this is not to say that I don't enjoy hanging out with my friends, going on dates with Randel, and just having a life in general.

Some of my best memories have come from weekend hangouts with friends: an eggroll-making, Twilight-watching girls' night with the bestie; picnicking at Lake Hefner with Laura; browsing Target, popcorn and Pepsi in hand, with Shawna; and too many others to mention.

And the same goes for time spent with Randel on the weekends. I love having cookouts with some of our other couple friends and getting dressed up to go to dinner, the movies, or out dancing.

But when my weekends are as free as the second item in a BOGO sale, I'm one happy girl. And this is one of those few-and-far-between weekends.

I see lots of Confessions of a Shopaholic-reading, baking, dog-cuddling, and nail painting in my next 48 hours.

P.S. Please don't let this deter you from making weekend plans with me in the future. I do love being with my amazing friends and family. I just have to take advantage of this rare plan-less weekend after an extremely busy last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment