Monday, October 8, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

I came across something in Walmart yesterday that made me stop in my tracks. I literally did a double take because I thought, Surely I didn't just see what I think I saw.

I tawt I taw a Buty Pant. I did, I did taw a Buty Pant.

Uh...what the what is a buty? Does it rhyme with "duty," or is it supposed to be pronounced like "beauty?" In an effort to find out more about this ridiculous yet intriguing product, I Googled it and found some reviews. For your reading pleasure, I have a few of the best ones:
 
"I bought the Buty Pant at Walmart today to try to help my poor sad flat bum in jeans."
 
"My 16 year old tried them on and was laughing because her regular butt is hanging out below the fake one!"
 
"The pads are pretty high up or maybe I am just used to having my butt so low."

Here are my observations about these reviews:

1. There's some terrible punctuation--or lack of, more accurately--happening here. (I'm still an editor at heart.)

2. Much to my dismay, people have actually bought the Buty Pant to try to "fake it til they make it."

3. Clearly, these people have never heard of TMI.

4. Will I ever be so derriere desperate as to purchase a product that hides the fact that my bum has disappeared...until I am forced to undress? Dear Lord, please no.

I'd like to give a shout-out to the makers of the Buty Pant. It was an entertaining find on an otherwise uneventful grocery shopping trip.

*If you or someone you know has been the unfortunate victim of Buty Pant fraud, please contact me immediately. I could use a good laugh. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment