Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Week in Review

I know I say this every week, but this week seriously did fly by. Like it got in an airplane and took off. That's likely due to the fact that I had something going on almost every day after work and spent approximately 2.3 hours at home before going to bed every night.

Monday:  After Zumba, I went to dinner at the Wedge with some of my favorite girls (there were ten of us in all). I was a Wedge virgin and now am a staunch Wedge supporter. I ordered the American Pie. It was piled with tons of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, onion, oregano, and oddly shaped meatballs. The verdict: tha bomb.

Tuesday: My friend Angela runs the child care for a school program called Early Birds, which gives parents the tools and information they need to start teaching their children early, hence the name Early Birds. As you may imagine, some parents don't really want to take a two-hour class on a weeknight and often use the excuse that they can't find a sitter. "You're in luck," the Early Birds people say. "We have free child care during the classes." So I helped her and handled the four- to five-year-olds. We played with pumpkin-scented homemade playdough, read "Mama Llama" books, and colored Halloween-themed coloring sheets. 

Wednesday: I took an online IQ test just for kicks and giggles. Apparently my IQ is 112. The results said I was in the "superior intelligence" category. I'm not sure I believe that, but I'll take it.

Thursday: I ate Sugar Babies for breakfast. I also helped Angela with Early Birds again and just fell in love with this adorable four-year-old named Erick. He was the first child there and did not want to leave his mom. He screamed and cried and wouldn't let her go. When she finally got him calmed down enough to come with me into the room, I asked him what he wanted to do. No answer. "Do you want to play with the cars?" I asked. A blank stare was the only answer I received. So I led him over to the pumpkin playdough and sat down with him. A little later, I had to go attend to some siblings who weren't sharing. I don't know what happened in those few minutes, but all of a sudden I felt a tap on my arm. I looked down and saw Erick, proudly showing me the ghost he had made out of playdough. "Ooh, I love your ghost!" I told him. He gave me the most heart-melting grin and ran back to the table to make another playdough creation. And the rest of the evening, he was my little buddy.

Friday: I used my Sonic $1.49 mozzarella sticks coupon for the fifth time at lunch. They seriously never ask to see it. I'm gonna have to see what other terrible-for-me food I can get on the cheap.

Saturday: I woke up at an ungodly-for-the-weekend hour--7:45--and took Deuce to the vet for a recheck appointment, found out he's doing much better and didn't have to shell out what amounts to an electric bill this time, came home and at a pumpkin spice waffle, taught Zumba, came home and showered, blogged, got ready to teach Zumba at a friend's sister's lingerie shower, went to said shower and taught Zumba and had a blast, came home and showered again, spent time with the boyfriend while watching the OU catastrophe, and crashed. I never expected to move again.

Sunday: I have unofficially decided that Sunday is my official baking day. So today I baked some change-your-life breadsticks that I ate for lunch. Blog post coming soon. Then I met my dear friend Hannah at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Cowboys game. After a terribly frustrating and depressing loss, we decided we needed ice cream. So we went to Freddy's. Then I came home and practiced Zumba because I've been doing the same routine four days a week for the past too many months and I need some new stuff. I may never Wop again.

No comments:

Post a Comment