Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What's Up Wednesday

I'm milking this weekly feature thing for all it's worth this month. So from now on/until I forget to continue this, you can check out "What's Up Wednesday" to find out what's up with me.

Books: Confessions of a Shopaholic and Deja Dead. I haven't gotten far enough into the latter to give a good verdict, but from what I can gather from chapter 1, Kathy Reichs is awesome with description. And while I can see people being annoyed with Becky Bloomwood of Confessions of a Shopaholic, I find myself identifying with her justifications, because I've used the same excuses many times. Not necessarily pertaining to shopping, but I often binge on Sundays because I'm "starting a diet" Monday. I'm sure I'll have more to say next week.

Food: Well, I haven't made it yet, but dinner tonight is sausage/potato burritos, topped with a mountain of shredded cheese and wrapped in a crisped-to-perfection tortilla. This is one of my favorite meals. Not only does it feed me for about three days, but it could not be easier to make (simply saute diced potatoes and Polish sausage until they're kinda crispy, throw a tortilla in a skillet and crisp it up on both sides, and voila) and it's slap-your-mama good. No lie.

Clothing: Today I was a walking Maurice's ad. I was clad in Maurice's brands from head to foot--shirt, vest, jeans, and boots. Maybe they should start paying me to shop there...

TV: "Modern Family" and "Criminal Minds" are on the agenda for tonight, of course. Thank goodness my fall shows are back. I've missed Jess and the guys, the Dunphy family, Derek Morgan (oh, and the rest of the agents), and Leonard and the gang.

And that's all, folks. Check back next Wednesday to find out what else is up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment