Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What's Up Wednesday

My computer is being rather uncooperative today, so I'm going to try to hurry this post along. So if you notice any unforgiveable typos and/or grammar mistakes, please blame it on my virus-infected computer.
 
Today I'm...
 
Reading Deja Dead (still), Night Season, and I'm about to start No Plot? No Problem! The latter was written by Chris Baty, the guy responsible for National Novel Writing Month, otherwise cleverly known as NaNoWriMo. Before you ask, no, I am most assuredly not going to attempt to write a 50,000-word novel next month. But I'm always looking for ways to improve my writing (which is, if you'll recall, part of the reason I'm blogging every day this month), and I had this book on my list of 52 books to read this year. Since I'm reading two fiction books, I thought I'd throw some nonfic into the mix. I'll let you know how it turns out.
 
Making chili. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler than Oklahoma fall has yet been allowed to be, and Friday will be positively frigid, at 50-something degrees. Be still, my cooler-temps-loving heart. So what better time to whip up a big batch of hearty chili than now?
 
Wishing I could afford to begin making all the crafy Christmas presents I'm planning this year. Well, I haven't actually nailed down what I'm going to make everyone yet, but my "Gift Ideas" Pinterest board is chock full of cute and fun project ideas I can't wait to begin. If I can figure out how to keep from spilling the beans to people who will be receiving said gifts, I'll post about them as I go. If not, you'll just have to wait until after Santa visits.
 
Incidentally, I'm also wishing I didn't need to drag myself into the shower, but a quick sniff tells me I must. So off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment