Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Week in Review

Last week was a busy one (as all weeks have seemed to be lately), but it wasn't particularly eventful. In fact, I almost did more things than I actually did...

Monday: Some friends and I almost went to the Wedge. I'm a Wedge virgin, so I was excited about finally trying their apparently fantastic pizza. But none of us really communicated the plan well, so dinner was cancelled. Guess I'll have to experience the amazingness of the Wedge some other time. Hopefully soon.

Tuesday: I didn't get specialty pizza with fancy toppings like figs on Monday, so Tuesday--date night--I made a homemade pepperoni pizza (Randel's fave), watched "New Girl," and played a fun new game that I almost wrote off as lame.

Favorite "New Girl" quote of the week: "Are you spelling it right? Two Gs, silent B." -Schmidt, explaining how to spell his made-up name of Tugg (or should it be Tuggb) Romney when the girls he's trying to impress can't find him after Googling him.

Gotta love that Schmidt.

Wednesday: I almost decided I seriously needed to learn how to crochet after seeing a gorgeous crochet necklace for a kit HobLob is working on. Then I remembered how complicated the patterns look and how much time of my already free time-lacking schedule such an undertaking would require.

Thursday: I almost had a moment of panic when I learned my youngest brother, Kendall, would be undergoing a fairly routine procedure but would be anesthetized for said procedure. But my mom assured me that he would be fine and let me know shortly thereafter that he was already in recovery. Worry-wart big sister (or "lil/big sis" as he so adorably refers to me) was thoroughly relieved.

Friday: This one hurts. We played a game at work where the person who first correctly identified the people who don't work in our department (from a list of over 100 names) won $89. I almost won, but I missed two. The $10 Subway gift card I won for a different game almost made up for it. (Wondering why the seemingly random prize of $89? That's how many people are in our department.)

Saturday: I've had the shopping bug for several days. Now that it's getting cooler, I'm pretty sure I need a new wardrobe. Throwing a cardigan over a short-sleeved shirt didn't exactly work for me last year (I didn't particularly like the style of cardigans I bought), so I want new sweaters, hoodies, boots in every color and style, scarves, jackets, etc. When my best friend texted me about a great sale Old Navy was having, I knew I needed to capitalize on it. I almost spent lots of money I don't really have right now--except for the fact that crew necks are apparently unflattering on me, as is the color yellow. So of the 9 items I brought into the dressing room, I left with three: two long-sleeve shirts and a skirt (not fall wear, I know; but it's cute and comfy).

Sunday: Today I almost made an apple pie. Then I got lazy and instead made taco soup (easiest meal EVER) and finished a book. Maybe next weekend...
http://alwaysmanylaughs.blogspot.com/2012/10/sharpshooters-on-date-night.html

No comments:

Post a Comment