Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dinner with a Rose...or Seven

It's official: I love hibachi restaurants. I had my second experience at one today, and like the first time, it. was. awesome.

The people I was with were a large part of why. My first hibachi experience was wonderful because I was with my wonderful guy, but tonight was spent with him and his family. And when they get together, it's a good time.

We were celebrating his dad's birthday. So Randel and I; his parents; Randel's aunt, uncle, and cousin; and a friend of the family went to Musashi's. We laughed, drank, sang "Love Machine," and in general just had a lot of fun.
 
I got the deceivingly delicious soup again, along with another perfectly cooked steak and eggy fried rice. Oh, and a tasty flirtini that I guzzled before I had a chance to snap a picture. I also sampled Randel's sesame chicken, his mom's lobster and bacon asparagus, and his aunt's salmon. All the food I tasted was excellent.

Here are some of my observations of the evening:

1. Warm sake is disgusting.

2. Lobster is not disgusting.

3. The onion volcano is pretty much the coolest thing ever.

4. Eating rice with chopsticks makes you feel like a boss. (Yes, I'm gangster like that.)
 
5. Next time I dine at Mushashi's I will get the volcano drink. The bachelorette/birthday party across from us had two. I don't know what's in it, but it's in a big green bowl and set on fire. You can't go wrong there.

6.. I will eventually be marrying into an awesome family. [Note: No, we're not engaged. But we wouldn't be dating if we didn't plan on getting married one day.]

No comments:

Post a Comment