Monday, October 22, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

I just got back from dinner at the Wedge with some of my favorite girls. Before that I was at Zumba. And before that I was at work. So I haven't had time to prepare a post with a clear and clever beginning, middle, and end. So today you're getting some of my random thoughts.
 
  • I'm loving this $3.12 gas. I'm afraid, though, that it's an election tactic and it will end in two weeks. Dear Gas Gods, please don't jack up the price of fuel as soon as the ballots are in. I'm having to pay for insurance now, so there goes lots of money that I can't really afford to go to the pump.
  • Randel's mom got me an adorable bear-shaped air freshener that makes my car smell wonderful. I think his fragrance is citrus and sage, or something like that. I get a whiff every time I open my car door, and it's like a little present. Dear Cute Green Bear Freshener (see what I did there?), please keep your scent for many months. My car tends to smell like dog when you're not around.
  • I need to procure some sour cream and crackers soon so I can make and enjoy the delectable dips I sampled yesterday at Affair of the Heart. Dear Toasted Onion and Spinach & Herb Dips, you were amazing when someone else made you at AOTH. Please be just as yummy when I pair you up with your soon-to-be best friends, sour cream and mayo.
  • Speaking of AOTH, I tried some tastes-just-like-the-real-thing pumpkin pie flavored coffee yesterday. It basically changed my life. After I explained this awesomeness to a coworker, she wondered aloud if the pumpkin spice latte at 7-11 would be a good substitute. Being the self-proclaimed Google Goddess that I am, I looked up some reviews. (Yes, I am that nerdy.) Several people raved about it, so on Friday--when it's finally going to be fall in Oklahoma--I'm already planning to stop before work and try it for myself. Dear 7-11 Pumpkin Spice Latte, please don't disappoint.
  • This blog-a-day thing has actually been easier and more fun than I expected it to be. Instead of jumping right in the shower when I got home, I headed straight for the computer and started typing away. Dear Readers, I have made it 22 consecutive days now!

No comments:

Post a Comment